[dropcap]I[/dropcap]f you’re on Twitter, you already know how easy it is to unfollow someone. That can either be a good or bad thing.
Getting people to follow you is just half the war. Hanging on to them is the other half. This often goes unseen, but ensuring that you hang on to your followers is just as important because it’s the people that tweet the most who are the most valuable for portraying the message you’re trying to convey.
They are usually the ones that are paying attention, and most likely to reply or retweet you. These are the ideal followers you want to have and hang on to – not the spammy bots who won’t provide any value for you. There are a lot of fake profiles, or bots, that look real but are completely spam. Try to avoid these at all costs.
You won’t keep all of your followers — even the most engaged ones. That’s just the nature of Twitter and the social media universe. The following are some tips for keeping your most valuable followers engaged and un-annoyed, so you wont (hopefully) lose them:
- Make sure your bio and tweets are on the same page.
- Have some variety and good information in your last three tweets.
- DO NOT automatically DM (direct message) people when they follow you. (this is a big one, and personally can’t stand it!)
- Don’t resort to third party apps to tweet for you, unless you think they will be interesting for your followers.
- Don’t just talk about yourself.
- Don’t tweet too often. It can be annoying.
- Do tweet regularly. Be consistent with your message.
- Be cautious of politics and religion. This can be a sensitive subject.
- Don’t ignore mentions – afterall the point is to engage with your followers.
- Don’t just auto-post from Facebook or other social networks. You don’t want to seem like a robot.
Latest posts by tlp-seo (see all)
- How We are Helping Our Clients During COVID-19 - September 8, 2020
- TLP Launches a New Website for Champion Home Health Care of South Florida - September 20, 2019
- Mark Lewis, President of TLP, Talks About the Newly Designed Sun Plumbing Website - September 16, 2019
- Reputation Management – The Cherry on Top of Sun Plumbing’s Revamped Website - September 13, 2019
- The Power of TV Advertising: Client Testimonial from Luv-A-Lawn - May 9, 2019