By Mateen Hatefi
Currently, almost everything has gone digital and while that has it’s benefits, but it comes with obstacles as well.
When you type in a search query in a search engine, it displays thousands of listings of websites – the ones at the top are what Google thinks is the most relevant to your search term. Being on page 1 for your targeted search term is absolutely crucial.
There are a lot of factors related to SEO involved in this selection, one of the major ones being the website design.
That is why your Melbourne Fl web design should be aimed at optimizing your website properly in order to rank higher and generate more traffic and revenue for your company. Here are four factors emphasized and worked on when improving a website design.
A websites typography is the overall designing of words on a website. Over 90% of the information contained in a website are represented in the form of words, and as such, everything involving the words should be perfect if you wish to attract and retain traffic. Some important factors to consider include:
- HIERARCHY – Hierarchy is used to guide a user to a certain direction. It entails giving some information priority by making it more visible to the surfer. This may be done by manipulating the information through ways like making the text conveying it larger and differentiating its color and font from the rest. It also aids in ranking (heading tags) as it improves the overall appearance and neatness of the website, making it more attractive to the search engines.
- SCALING – Not all users browse the same way, some may browse with the window zoomed in or out. As such, a good website should be able to accommodate a surfers preference and change the scale when needed. Furthermore, the website’s content should be visible from any level of zoom – this is a called a responsive website design.
Multiple Browser Compatibility
The compatibility of a website with different browsers can have a direct impact on traffic flow and the user experience and engagement.
Fast Loading Speeds
Many people are impatient while surfing the web and are accustomed to instant loading times when browsing a website. Your website should have a very fast load time if you want to attract and retain traffic. You should look into a dedicated hosting plan to achieve this – the increase in price is well worth the benefits you will reap.
In addition, this will have a positive SEO impact on your rankings because the speed in which a website is loaded is one element of Google’s algorithms.
How easy it is to navigate a website will increase user engagement. Generally, a website should be neat and well organized, and everything should be easy to find. This will greatly depend of the menu/navigation of the website. For neatness and ease of navigation, the menu should be sectioned off and categorized in appropriate sections, so the user can find exactly what they’re looking for as quickly as possible.
These four factors go a long way in improving a website’s ranking position and possible revenue stream, and should be prioritized and perfected. It is therefore important to implement these factors if you are looking to maximize the value of your website and online presence. Contact the experts at Tight Line Productions today if you are looking for a dynamic website design and a boost to your online presence.
Latest posts by tlp-seo (see all)
- How We are Helping Our Clients During COVID-19 - September 8, 2020
- TLP Launches a New Website for Champion Home Health Care of South Florida - September 20, 2019
- Mark Lewis, President of TLP, Talks About the Newly Designed Sun Plumbing Website - September 16, 2019
- Reputation Management – The Cherry on Top of Sun Plumbing’s Revamped Website - September 13, 2019
- The Power of TV Advertising: Client Testimonial from Luv-A-Lawn - May 9, 2019