Drones. Drones. Drones. We hate to drone on and on about the amazing footage supplied to us by our DJI Mavic Pro and DJI Phantom 4, but we just can’t help ourselves. At Tight Line Productions, we understand the importance of being at the cutting edge of technology in this exceptionally competitive line of work. We are taking steps every day to rise above the others. Anthony DeMalia, our extremely talented production manager, has now acquired something that is another great addition to our wheelhouse: an FAA Drone Pilot Certification.
Now, what exactly is an FAA Drone Pilot Certification? Well, this certification is officially known as the Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate, which is distributed by the Federal Aviation Administration. It refers to the rules and regulations that have been put into effect for an UAS (Unmanned Aircraft System), also known as a drone. In simpler words: a certification to legally fly a drone for business purposes.
What are the requirements that need to be met to receive this pilot certification? According to the Federal Aviation Administration:
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center
- You must be vetted by the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA)
To legally use those jaw-dropping aerial shots that we have obtained from the drones, it is a requirement that we have this certification. We are proud of the work we produce with the drone and it is important to us to be able to continue to use them in our work.
“We are excited to produce aerial footage for our clients! Having this certification sets us apart from unlicensed competition. We are very happy to add this certification to our wheelhouse.”
Tight Line Productions
Latest posts by Tight Line Productions (see all)
- 3 Marketing Trends to Expect in 2019 - February 25, 2019
- Client Showcase: Brevard County Sheriff’s Office Charity Website - August 2, 2018
- Tight Line Works with Health First to Produce “We are Brevard” Video - May 25, 2018
- Facebook’s Algorithm Change: How it Affects Your Business and What to Do About It - February 22, 2018
- Tight Line Attends Social Fresh 2017 - January 19, 2018